We wish that we could say that the 2021 Portfolio reviews would be in person, but we think the safest approach is to present the 2021 Click! Portfolio Reviews in a virtual format. Stay tuned for the announcement of dates and 2021 Reviewers. We have had to dramatically change the format to address the current pandemic. We are going to outline some of the format changes we used for 2020 and will also be in place for 2021.
We will keep our format of 30 minute sessions with 5 minute breaks between sessions. The sessions will take place in prescheduled zoom sessions. In order to do our best to recreate the social connection and networking aspect of the Click! Reviews, we are going to have an ongoing open virtual photo lounge for artists to congregate during the review days. We will have a meeting manager that can facilitate breakout sessions and we will encourage the sharing of work among your peers.
Our roster of 2021 Reviewers: stay tuned as we add more to the list.
Dale Rio, The Halide Project
Mark Sloan, Director and Founder, Curioso
Linda Dougherty, Chief Curator & Curator of Contemporary Art at North Carolina Museum of Art
Leah Sobsey, Assistant Professor, Photography, College of Visual and Performing Arts, The University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Photography Area Coordinator, Gatewood Gallery Coordinator
Lindsay Metiver, Owner/Director, Peel Gallery, Chapel Hill, NC
professor in the Art department at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Julie Grahame, A curator magazine, NYC
Blue Mitchell, Publisher One Twelve, Diffusion, & The Diffusion Tapes
Bill Schwab. Photostock
Roger Manley, Director & Curator, Gregg Museum of Art & Design
Jennifer Sudul Edwards, Ph.D, Chief curator and curator of contemporary art at The Mint Museum
Ayse Erginer, Exec. Editor, Southern Cultures. UNC Center for the Study of the American South
Jonell Logan, Curator. Director of the McColl Center, Charlotte,NC
Dennis Kiel, Director of the Dishman Art Museum at Lamar University
Caitlin Margaret Kelly, Curator, Archive of Documentary Arts at Duke’s Rubenstein Library & Director Power Plant Gallery
Stella Kramer, photo editor and the publisher of STELLAZINE, NYC
Michael Pannier, Director SEC4P, Greenville, SC.
Emily Earl, co-founder Sulfur Studio and Gallery, Savannah GA
Brian Piper, photo curator New Orleans Museum of Art, Andrew W. Mellon Foundation Fellow for Photography, New Orleans, LA
Amethyst Rey Beaver. Assistant curator, 21c Museum Hotels, Louisville, KY
Tips and Tricks:
- We have reduced the fee to $350 to be a part of the virtual reviews.
- Each artist is still guaranteed 10 reviews!
- Once registered we will ask you to rank your reviewers in order of preference.
- Artists are required to upload portfolio/s to their own dropbox account and share those with us with admin access so that we can then share them with our reviewers. You have options in how you upload your folios. You can upload more than one folio, in individual folders. You can upload bodies of work (we recommend 20 images as an ideal amount) in images sizes of 800px on the longest side, or you can upload pdfs of folios if sequencing is important to your presentation. We recommend including an artists statement with each portfolio.
- Reviewers will have the option of viewing your work before your session and to be in control of the flow of the session, by accessing your dropbox folders and sharing their screens with you.
Big Thanks to the 2020 Reviewers