We are pleased to announce that the 2020 Click! Portfolio Reviews will be taking place in a virtual format in 2020, on October 15th and 16th. Registration opens at 9am on August 22. We have had to dramatically change the format to address the current pandemic. We are going to outline some of the format changes for this year.
We will keep our format of 30 minute sessions with 5 minute breaks between sessions. We have a confirmed list of 22 stellar reviewers for 2020 and the reviews will be limited to 21 Reviewees. The sessions will take place in prescheduled zoom sessions. In order to do our best to recreate the social connection and networking aspect of the Click! Reviews, we are going to have an ongoing open virtual photo lounge for artists to congregate during the review days. We will have a meeting manager that can facilitate breakout sessions and we will encourage the sharing of work among your peers.
The 2020 Reviewers (more details on Reviewer page)
Alexa Dilworth, publishing director and senior editor at the Center for Documentary Studies (CDS) at Duke University, Durham, NC
Roylee Duvall, Owner, Through this Lens gallery, Durham, NC.
Xandra Eden, Executive Director and Chief Curator, Diverseworks, Houston, TX
Ayse Erginer. Exec. Editor, Southern Cultures. UNC Center for the Study of the American South
Andrew Fedynak, Publisher and Designer, Zatara Press, Richmond, VA.
Julie Grahame, Editor, Curator, Consultant. aCurator blog, NYC
Anne Kelly, Gallery director Photo-Eye, Santa Fe, NM.
Dennis Kiel, Director/Curator, Dishman Museum, Beaumont TX
Stella Kramer, Pulitzer Prize-winning photo editor and creative consultant, NYC
Roger Manley, Director and Curator, Gregg Museum of Art & Design
Blue Mitchell, independent publisher (One Twelve and Diffusion Annual). Portland, Oregon
Laura Moya, Director, Photolucida, Portland, OR.
Ksenia Nouril, Jensen Bryan Curator, Print Center, Philadelphia, PA
Michael Pannier, Director SEC4P, Greenville, SC.
Brian Piper, photo curator New Orleans Museum of Art, Andrew W. Mellon Foundation Fellow for Photography, New Orleans, LA
Amethyst Ray Beaver. Assistant curator, 21c Museum Hotels, Louisville, KY
Marshall Price. Nancy A. Nasher and David J. Haemisegger Curator of Modern and Contemporary Art, Nasher Museum of Art at Duke University, Durham, NC
Molly Roberts, photography editor, curator and photographer/ Chief Photography Editor at Smithsonian Magazine. Wash. DC
George Slade, writer, curator, historian, and consultant on matters artistic and photographic. Founder and Director of TC Photo, Minneapolis, MN
Mark Sloan, Director and Chief Curator, Halsey Institute, Charleston, SC.
Elizabeth Spungen, Executive Director, Print Center, Philadelphia, PA
Paula Tognarelli, director and curator Griffin Museum of Art, MA
Tips and Tricks:
- We have reduced the fee to $250 to be a part of the virtual reviews.
- Each artist is still guaranteed 10 reviews!
- Once registered we will ask you to rank your reviewers in order of preference.
- Artists are required to upload portfolio/s to their own dropbox account and share those with us with admin access so that we can then share them with our reviewers. You have options in how you upload your folios. You can upload more than one folio, in individual folders. You can upload bodies of work (we recommend 20 images as an ideal amount) in images sizes of 800px on the longest side, or you can upload pdfs of folios if sequencing is important to your presentation. We recommend including an artists statement with each portfolio.
- Reviewers will have the option of viewing your work before your session and to be in control of the flow of the session, by accessing your dropbox folders and sharing their screens with you.