9:30 – 11:45 am
Registration Fee: $65
Note: This session limited to a total of 10 participants is a companion to the public seminar: From Concept to Audience: THE LIFE OF A PHOTOGRAPHIC PROJECT also at the Durham Arts Council from 12:30pm – 2:30pm on Oct. 3rd. RSVP required for “From Concept to Audience.”
10 photographers in succession will share their project-in-progress in print form (not digital) during a 10 – minute open discussion with MVS.
In this group format, each photographer will tell MVS briefly and succinctly
– What the project is about.
– Who the target audience is.
– What the status of production is – early phase? in progress? Nearing completion?
– What your preferred final format is for the project (i.e. exhibition, publication, dedicated website etc.).
– MVS will share her response to the work and ideas for moving your project forward.
– When not presenting their work all participants are invited to observe the discussions she has with each of the with other participants.
– All 10 accepted participants will receive an email from MVS on how to best prepare for their session.
Duke Rehearsal Hall
120 Morris St., Durham, NC